Board of Trustees approves faculty promotions
The University of Delaware Board of Trustees approved the promotions of 72 faculty members and awarded emeritus status to several retiring professors at its spring meeting on June 23. All the honorees were recognized at a special virtual celebration after the board meeting.
- Four faculty members were honored with named professorships
- Promoted to the rank of professor were 20 associate professors who had already been granted tenure
- 7 were promoted from associate professor to professor, without tenure
- Twenty-eight assistant professors were promoted to the rank of associate professor, with tenure
- 8 were promoted to the rank of associate professor without tenure
- 5 were recommended for tenure
All promotions are effective Sept. 1.
Click here to read the full article on UDaily